Friday, January 19, 2018

Read More Friday - January 2018






My Goal this year is to read 70 books. As of today I have read 5 books so I am 7% done my goal. 

The First book I read this year was the Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. This is the second book in the Red Queen series.


 I don't want to give anything from the first book away, but let's just say each book has left me needing more so I can have some closure!





 Next I read Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett. I received this book in my first Unicorn Crate box and I absolutely loved it.



 This book is about a girl named Kazmin who is determined to become an explorer and she helps a famous explorer climb the tallest mountain in the area. There are some magical aspects and a lot of danger. 



Next I listened to an audio book called Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.


This is the first book in a Fantasy series. There are these two witches that are best friends and have special powers that seem to be coveted by many in their kingdom. This becomes a danger for the girls as they try to survive and run to freedom. 



After that I read a book that came in my Once Upon a Book Club box - The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily by Laura Creedle. What I love about this subscription box is that the books they choose are always ones that weren't on my radar but I enjoy them so much when I read them. And I have to read them right away because they send you gifts to open at specific pages! 


The book was about this girl with ADHD who falls in love with a boy who has Asperger's. It was an incredible read and I loved being able to get inside the head of someone with ADHD to get a feel for how they think. 



The audio book I've been listening to in the car for my daily commute is Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. This is the second book in the Lunar Chronicles series.


I love this series because it gives a sci-fi spin on the classic fairy tales and links them to each other. Scarlet is looking for her grandmother and she is helped by a man named Wolf. 

 I also love listening to Marissa Meyer books because the woman who reads them, Rebecca Soler, is fantastic. This is the third book I've listened to her read and she speaks clearly, does excellent accents, and isn't too slow. 



Books I am currently reading are:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. I've been reading this series to my 8 year old son and he has definitely become a big fan. I'm doing the parenting thing right. 


Geekerella by Ashley Poston - a Cinderella retelling (because I can't get enough) with a nerdy girl! 


and I am currently listening to:

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare








So far this year I have read 2,098 pages! 




No comments:

Post a Comment